Dutch Parliament, Royal Palaces, Delft Blue, City of Vermeer, the green heart of Holland
On this day trip from Amsterdam we visit the cities Rotterdam, The Hague and Delft and/or Leiden.
Each in their own way very different from Amsterdam.
Rotterdam was completely rebuild with stunning modern architecture after its bombing in the Second World War.
The Hague was never a walled city, so its lay-out is completely different from other Dutch cities.
Delft and Leiden are both examples of the many beautiful medium-sized historical cities in The Netherlands.
We recommend visiting Delft or Leiden during our Rotterdam, The Hague, Delft tours.
Itinerary Rotterdam, The Hague, Delft tours
- pick-up anywhere in the greater Amsterdam area
- city tour of Rotterdam with several photo stops: Markthal, Cube Houses, modern architecture by Rem Koolhaas, Renzo Piano, etc
- 1 hour walking tour(s) of Delft and/or Leiden (both lovely medium-sized university towns):
– Delft offers the famous Delft Blue, and a lot of interesting Dutch history
– Leiden was home to the Pilgrim Fathers for 12 years before crossing over to America, and is therefore of special historical interest to U. S. citizens
- approximately one hour free time for lunch
- city tour of The Hague, with photo stops at the Peace Palace (International Court of Justice), Parliament (13th Century Gothic Castle) and the Work Residence of the Dutch King)
- drop-off anywhere in greater Amsterdam area
Optional visits. We may have to adjust the itinerary:
- Delft Blue Factory
- Panorama Mesdag, an amazing 1881 Panoramic Painting
- Mauritshuis Museum (with 17th century Master Painters Rembrandt, Vermeer and Frans Hals)
- Madurodam: Holland in miniature
- Rotterdam Harbour Boat Tour
- Maeslantkering storm surge barrier
- Leiden Pilgrim Fathers Museum
- Louwman Car Museum
Keukenhof Gardens and surrounding (open 21st of March until 12th of May 2024).