Full day tour
Amsterdam is Amsterdam, a unique city!
But the nearby countryside has its own unique experience to offer: windmills, dykes, canals, polders, land reclaimed from the sea, historical villages located on the bottoms of former lakes, green pastures with cows and sheep, etcetera.
Get to know the laid-back lifestyle of the villagers just kilometers away from the hustle and bustle of the city!
This is how the majority of the Dutch live: in smaller towns and villages.
On this 4-hour tour, we visit the countryside directly North of the city, with quaint villages such as Broek in Waterland, Edam, and Marken. We visit a Windmill on the inside, and a Cheese Farm for an explanation of the cheese making process, cheese tasting, and a peek in the robotized barn.
Half day tour
The order of the visits depends on where I pick you up and drop you off (and at what time). Once I have that information, I will suggest the best order for these visits:
- pick-up anywhere in the greater Amsterdam area
- drive North into the countryside
- Windmill visit (April-October windmill at Schermerhorn; November-March windmills at Zaanse Schans)
- cheese farm visit
- short walks in Edam and Broek in Waterland
- short walks in Marken or De Rijp
- drop-off anywhere in greater Amsterdam area