Icons of Holland, flowers, cheese and windmills
On this short four hour early Amsterdam flower auction tours we first visit the FloraHolland Flower Auction in Aalsmeer, the largest Flower Auction in the World. It is a unique horticultural must-see hot spot of the world. When you are visiting Amsterdam it is very worthwhile to do a trip to this extraordinary place. But only on week days and not on holidays.
On continuation we visit a nearby Cheese Farm, where we get demonstrations in Clog / Wooden Shoe making and Cheese making, and off course we will do some cheese tasting! The classic Dutch organic Gouda cow milk cheese. In different flavours. Plain, smoked or with herbs.
On our way back to Amsterdam, we drive the scenic route along the Amstel River and a Windmill.
The Flower Auction opens on workdays only, to the public at 7am, the cheese farm at 9am.
To see all the action it is best to get there early.
We can pick you up at the time of your preference:
* between 7am and 8am on workdays
Itinerary Amsterdam flower auction tours
- Pick up at the time of your preference between 7am and 8am, anywhere in the greater Amsterdam area.
- drive to Aalsmeer Flower Auction
- approximately one hour guided visit of Flower Auction
- continue to nearby Cheese farm
- Clog / Wooden Shoe making demonstration
- Cheese making demonstration
- Cheese tasting
- scenic drive back along Amstel River, with phote stop at a Windmill
- drop-off anywhere in greater Amsterdam area
The Amsterdam flower auction tours is ideal to combine with one of our countryside tours: